There are two types of prescriptions that will be on your medical record if you are prescribed medication from your GP. These are:
- Acute: This is medication that is prescribed to you for a short period of time ie antibiotic, etc. It may also be medication that you are being started on for a condition to see how effective it is. This is not something that you will be taking regularly.
- Repeat: This is medication that is prescribed to you for a longer period of time ie inhalers, diabetic medication, etc. This is medication that you will be taking regularly.
If you are taking repeat medication the items will be shown on your repeat list which is shown on the right hand page of your last prescription. In order to obtain a new supply of your repeat medication you can use one of the following methods to order your next supply:
- Complete the tear-off page opposite your last prescription. Tick the box/boxes opposite the item/s you require. You can either hand this into one of the three pharmacies in Cupar or hand it in directly to the practice. You can also post your request to the practice if this is more suitable for you.
- Order your repeat prescription online from this website. You can register for Patient Access which will allow you to request a repeat prescription online. If you would like to use this facility, please contact the practice who will process your request and send you the relevant details to allow you to register with this service.
- Order via our repeat prescription line. Phone the practice on 01334 651201 and select option 2. This is a voicemail system so we would be grateful if you could speak clearly and leave your name, your date of birth and the name/s of the medication you require.
A member of our administration team will process the prescription requests every day which are checked and signed by our GPs. Once your prescription request has been processed you can either:
- Collect it from the practice (please allow 48 hours from when request received by the practice)
- Collect it from one of the pharmacies in Cupar (please allow 72 hours from when request received by the practice). If you choose this option we will forward your prescription to the relevant pharmacy to be dispensed.
If your request is too early, the prescription will not be processed and you will not be notified.
If you are requesting medication which has previously been prescribed to you as an Acute, the request will be sent to a GP for authorisation. If the GP does not issue the medication that you have requested, one of our administration team will contact you and will tell you the reason why this medication has not been issued, ie make an appointment, etc.
WHEN CAN YOU ORDER YOUR REPEAT MEDICATION?
Practice policy dictates that the ordering of repeat prescriptions is as follows:
28 day supply can only be done 7 days in advance of them being required
56 day supply can only be done 14 days in advance of them being required.
Requests submitted too early will not be held and automatically processed and patients will be required to re-submit within the relative reorder deadlines.
However, we realise that exceptional circumstances do arise, such as a patient going on holiday, a special arrangement can be made, by calling the surgery and discussing your request.
Opening Times & Info
Monday to Friday 08:00 to 18:00
Bank Street Medical Group
The Health Centre
Bank Street. Cupar, KY15 4JN
Telephone: 01334 651201
New Patient Register
To make things easier for you to register, download a New Patient Registration Form and New Patient Questionnaire. Complete these at your leisure, print them off and bring them into the practice. It is practice policy to ask for the completed forms to be accompanied by photographic ID and proof of your address. Click here for more information on the Registration process.
Our Nursing team runs multiple clinics each week. Click here to find out more about the clinics we run dealing with Chronic Disease Management, Cryotherapy, Ear Syringing, Travel Vaccinations.
Latest Practice News
The practice has introduced a new text messaging service which offers a confirmation and reminder service for upcoming appointments. If you want to opt in for this service then please speak to a member of the admin team who will check your mobile telephone number and register you for this service.